§ 2 Definitions
a) a courier company;
6. Consumer - means a natural person making a legal transaction with an entrepreneur not directly related to its business or professional activity.
10. Registration - means actual activity performed in the manner specified in the Regulations, required for the Customer to use all functionalities of the Online Store.
13. Goods - means a product presented by the Seller via the Online Store Website, which may be the subject of a Sales Agreement.
1. All rights to the Online Store, including copyrights, intellectual property rights to its name, its Internet domain, the Online Store Website, and to
3. The Seller uses the mechanism of \"cookie\" files, which when used by customers from the Store Website, are saved by the Seller\'s server on the hard disk of the Customer\'s terminal device. The use of \"cookies\" is aimed at correct operation of the Store Website on the end devices of customers. This mechanism does not destroy the client\'s terminal device and does not cause any configuration changes in the end-devices of the clients or in the software installed on these devices. Each customer can disable the \"cookies\" mechanism in the web browser of his terminal device. The Seller indicates that disabling \"cookies\" may, however, cause difficulties or prevent the use of the Store Website.
7. The Seller declares that the public nature of the Internet and the use of services provided electronically may involve the risk of obtaining and modifying Customer data by unauthorized persons, therefore customers should use appropriate technical measures to minimize the above risks. In particular, they should use antivirus programs as well as programs which protect the identity of those using the Internet. The seller never asks the customer to provide him with the password in any form.
2. Registration is not necessary to place an order in the Online Store.
6. During Registration, the Customer may voluntarily agree to the processing of his personal data for marketing purposes by checking the appropriate box of the registration form. In this case, the Seller clearly informs about the purpose of collecting personal data of the Customer, as well as about anticipated or known to the Seller recipients of such data.
1. The information contained on the Store Website does not constitute an offer of the Seller within the meaning of the Civil Code, but only an invitation of the Customers to submit offers to conclude a Sales Agreement.
5. After placing the order, the Seller sends a confirmation of his submission to the e-mail address provided by the Customer.
a) bank transfer to the DotPay bank account (in this case, the order will be processed after the Seller sends the confirmation of the order receipt and after receiving from the DotPay system information on the positive completion of the payment);
4. If the Customer fails to make the payment within the time limit referred to in §5 para. 3, the Seller shall inform the Customer about the cancellation of the order by e-mail or in writing.
3. The Seller places information on the number of Working Days needed for the Delivery and performance of the order on the Shop Website.
7. The customer is obliged to examine the delivered parcel in time and in the manner accepted for parcels of a given type. In the event of a loss or damage to the delivery, the Customer has the right to demand from the Supplier\'s employee to draw up the proper protocol.
2. If the Product has a defect, the Customer may:
4. The Seller is liable under the warranty if the physical defect is found before the expiry of two years from the release of the Goods to the Customer. A claim for removing a defect or replacing the Goods with a one that is free of defects expires after one year, but the date can not be completed before the deadline specified in the first sentence. Within this period, the Customer may withdraw from the Sales Agreement or submit a declaration on the price reduction due to a defect in the Goods. If the Customer requested a replacement of the Goods for one free of defects or removal of the defect, the deadline to withdraw from the Sales Agreement or submit a price reduction statement begins with the ineffective expiry of the deadline for replacing the Product or removing the defect.
8. The Seller does not use out-of-court dispute resolution, referred to in the Act of 23 September 2016, on out-of-court resolution of consumer disputes.
3. In the event of withdrawal from the Sales Agreement, it is considered as void.
7. The Consumer is obliged to return the Merchandise to the Seller immediately, but not later than within 14 days from the date on which he resigned from the Sales Agreement. To meet the deadline, it is enough to return the Goods to the Seller\'s address before the deadline expires.
§ 10 Free services
c) Running a Customer Account;
4. The Contact Form service consists in sending a message to the Seller using the form placed on the Store Website.
7. Newsletter service consists in sending by the Seller, to the email address or via SMS, an electronic message containing information about new products or services in the Seller\'s offer. The Newsletter is sent by the Seller to all Clients who have made a subscription.
11. The Customer who has registered may request a removal of the Seller\'s Customer Account, however, if the Customer requests the Customer\'s account to be removed by the Seller, it may be deleted within 14 days of submitting the request.
§ 11 Responsibility of the Client in the scope of content posted by him
b) placing and providing access to personal data, image and information related to third parties within the services referred to in § 10 of the Regulations, in a legal, voluntary manner and with the consent of the persons concerned; c) consents to the access to published content by other Customers and the Seller, as well as authorizes the Seller to use them free of charge in accordance with the provisions of these Regulations;
b) posting, as part of using the services referred to in § 10 of the Regulations, advertising and / or promotional content.
b) violate any rights of third parties, including rights related to the protection of copyright and related rights, protection of industrial property rights, trade secret or related to confidentiality obligations;
6. If a notification is received in accordance with §12 of the Regulations, the Seller reserves the right to modify or delete content posted by Customers as part of their use of the services referred to in §10 of the Regulations, in particular with regard to content on which based on reports of third parties or relevant authorities, it was found that they may constitute a violation of these Regulations or applicable law. The seller does not keep current content checked.
2. The Seller notified about the potential infringement, takes immediate action to remove the content causing the violation from the Store Website.
1. Both the Customer and the Seller may terminate the contract for the provision of electronic services at any time and without giving reasons, subject to the preservation of rights acquired by the other party before the termination of the above-mentioned. contract and provisions below.
1. The Seller shall be liable for non-performance or improper performance of the contract, but in the case of contracts concluded with Clients being Entrepreneurs, the Seller shall be liable only in case of deliberate damage and within the limits of actual losses by the Client being the Entrepreneur.
5. The Seller reserves the right to change these Regulations. All orders accepted by the Seller for execution before the date of entry into force of the new Regulations are implemented on the basis of the Regulations, which was in force on the date of placing the order by the Customer. The amendment to the Regulations comes into force within 7 days from the date of publication on the Store Website. The Seller shall inform the Customer 7 days before the entry into force of the new Regulations on amendments to the Regulations by means of a message sent by e-mail containing a reference to the text of the amended Regulations. In the event that the Customer does not accept the new content of the Regulations, he is obliged to notify the Seller about this fact, which results in the termination of the contract in accordance with the provisions of §14 of the Regulations.
6. The Regulations enter into force on 28.05.2018